Thursday 16 February 2012

Settled and Unsettled

So now it is the 17th February and we are settled in our new town! We have a new home (huge but cheap), old friends to have fun with, new lush green surroundings to enjoy and a new job to learn (for Ryan)- all in all a stable base for the next few years (probably).

On a slightly more down-cast note I had a moment of tears last night. I am afraid my friends back in England don’t understand the extent of how much I miss them and appreciate them for who they are and how much they helped me grow as a person. I think about them each day and often feel sad for changing our friendships irreparably by leaving. No matter how hard I try to keep them close- I realise that being so far away and not actually seeing them face-to-face will change things.

So thank you to you all- S, K, E, I, D, N, V, and all the gorgeous kids- Thanks for supporting us through our hard times- the homes you offered us with open arms, the listening ears. Thanks for making me feel comfortable in your presence. Thanks for the conversation, the love, sharing great food (!) and the understanding. I love you all immensely! Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment