Thursday 12 January 2012

Surprises

The Big family came back! What a lovely surprise. We walked into the park and I looked over at the park to see D walking along with two of the kids. “Is that D?” I exclaimed to Ryan and sure enough- it was!

It has been less than two months since they left and I had not realised how much Nabeela has grown up since then. Before she wouldn’t really interact with the kids and I often got the feeling she annoyed them rather a lot! But just in the past couple of days I have been struck by how much she is playing and talking with them. There is none of the grabbing for things and getting in the way- instead she asks for things she wants or bosses the other kids around (very funny considering she’s the littlest one there). Also seeing how much she understands now from other people’s points of view is amazing.

Our daughter has ceased to be a baby- she is a little girl! I am still too surprised to mourn the passing of her babyhood yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment