Thursday 14 March 2013

I Create, You Create

I wrote this to get my feelings out of my head (it’s like a therapy for me). After being hurt by veiled comments about the way I live my life I needed to take time out to assess it all. Do I really care what people think? I suppose in some ways I do, because we are all part of this web of connection and this negativity towards me taints my inner being. I wanted to talk through why I live the way I do, maybe it will provide understanding (equally maybe it won’t) but after writing it out I now feel truly grateful for people who think this way: it has helped me realise why I do it and made me stronger in my conviction to do so!  Thank you for all those people who believe I am lazy and don’t contribute to society: here’s my voice amongst the masses…
 
This life
I created.
Everything I do,
I created –
with my thoughts
my actions (right or wrong)
my beliefs
my steps
forward (and back).
Each decision I made,
each step I took along this
dirt path – I created.
I chose
with awareness (sometimes without) –
my happiness;
the family I wanted
(who love and cherish and share with me);
the daily rhythm of my life
(the quietness, the spaces between, the fullness.)
Too, I created
stresses in my life
the anger and suffering
even the pain (physical and mental).
 
It’s a choice.
All of it -
how I live,
what I do with
my body
my mind –
I chose it.
And
I’m proud of these choices. Happy.
(And also
utterly grateful
I get so many choices.)
Because
I chose it all knowingly (sometimes not).
I created –
the peace I live
the way I love
the efficiency of doing just enough –
no excesses.
the rhythm of my family life –
space to breath, time to be,
very little rushrushrush.
That doesn’t make me any
less
because I opted out of a
traditional lifestyle.
 
Making money isn’t everything
I choose to make other things,
love
peace
happiness
with creativity, empathy, joy,
to help others as well as myself,
to help the earth beneath my feet,
to help the air I breath.
 
‘Contributing To Society’ –
What does that mean?
Making money?
To spend
to help rich people get richer?
to boost the ‘economy’
(what’s that?
A thought, in some strangers’ minds.
It isn’t real!)
I prefer to contribute to humanity
(not this so called society people talk of)
By sharing –
ideas
love
healing
By helping out when I can (or even when I ‘cannot’)
By helping the planet we
ALL
live on.
These are real things –
tangible, touchable, tasteable
(not thoughts in
other peoples' heads).
 
I’m creating this life –
it’s not perfect
I still create stress and suffering.
I’m not perfect
(far from it)
But with awareness I can
slowly
create a more fulfilling life.
Helping others in small ways
or big ways
little step by little step –
I’ll get there.
 
So maybe my ideas
and your ideas
don’t meet
(or even cross)
Maybe we don’t tread the same path
(mine’s dirt
yours is tarmac!)
But I’ll continue to live
this life I created
Just as you will live yours
and maybe, one day, you will understand and accept
my choices, just as
I accept you.
 
Namaste.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment