Monday 5 December 2011

A Special Day

I’m awed by the fact that it has been two years since I gave birth to our special little girl. All those months have sped by, filled with love and wonder. I am thankful everyday for her, but I made sure I made the extra effort to tell her just how much she has transformed me, today. She may not have understood much of it, but I know she understands those warm feelings and always she enjoys a good hug!
It was a do-whatever-Nabeela-wants-day today. We woke early and after singing Happy Birthday (where she joined in) we asked her what she wanted to do. She may only be two, but already she understands much of what we say and, anyway, we may have given her a few choices to help her out! We ate a cooked breakfast of home-made bread, veg and sausages (don’t fret they were vegan) and she scoffed the sausage, leaving the rest. Typical Nabeela style.
The rest of the day was spent doing our usual fun things, like going to the library, reading and eating. We even went to see an age-appropriate film (all about things we don’t believe in- Christmas and Santa, but it was that or nothing). She slept for most of it and spent the rest of it staring through her lop-sided 3D glasses and looking faintly bemused.
Unfortunately Nabeela has caught a bug of some sort (from a little girl who she adored and has just left the Park) and the rest of the day was spent rushing from potty to Mammy. She is currently asleep in my arms. The heat is emanating off her.

1 comment:

  1. hope she's ok mate, sounds like she had the perfect day, I spent most of my childhood in the library brought back memories of the fishtank and the fact i refused to read from the kids section - loved geting my mam to pull the old books from the ancient history section and then run off when she'd try and read them to me - she thinks i liked the smell of them. makes me happy the thoght of having that time with my mam, know beela will appreciate it too. love you mate xxxx

    ReplyDelete