Tuesday 5 February 2013

Who Am I?


Thinking about what I’ve been described as,

passionate caring
beautiful ugly
mothering selfish
different boring
conscientious silly
stupid intelligent
shy loud
caring nasty
womanly manly

All these faces of me
I’ve been called.
Called myself them
Believed them
Not believed them.
But, am I really these things?
Are you?
Are we?

 
Strip it back
To the bare bones
To the real me,
Am I any of these things?
Am I all of them?
Is that even possible?

 
These things are not me.
They are descriptions of a moment
Fleeting and gone
To be replaced.

 
I can be them.

Sometimes I feel any of them

All of them

None of them.
But, they are not me.
So what is ‘me’?


Am I woman?
Am I human?
Is it that simple?
That complicated?
They are just descriptions.
Too much and too little.


I am fluid.
Changing.
Different each passing moment.
A spark,
A flame
From an everlasting fire.

 
Are we different?

We all want happiness.

After all our,

likes dislikes
actions inactions
faces
Are we different?

 
Strip it back
To the bare bones
To the real us.
Really we are a spark
From the same fire.

 
I am you

You are me.

I am everything
You are everything.

I am nothing

You are nothing.
I am love
You are love.

 
I am now
You are now.
We are

Now.

2 comments:

  1. I like it s lot , speccially the last bit, from that paragraph on :) :

    I am fluid.
    Changing.
    Different each passing moment.
    A spark,
    A flame
    From an everlasting fire.

    It is all very true :)
    I will write it down so I can read it again :)

    Keep going !





    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, the part when you say "strip it back to the bare bone..."
    that's sounds musical to me, taking parts of this text, we could make a good song out of it
    maybe my dad could get into it :)

    loooveuh

    ReplyDelete